Land Surveying Projects – Magnuson Corp, Louisiana Pacific
Magnuson Corp, Louisiana Pacific
Two Harbors, MN
This project consisted of JPJ verifying steel beam locations horizontally and vertically that is used to support a large press.
- Verified horizontal locations of two beams placed with pre-drilled hole locations within 1 mm accuracy. Made any adjustments necessary.
- Worked with the client/contractor to set the beams level within ±.03 mm.
- We used a FARO Laser Tracker for this work.
- We measured the top of beam heights with respect to a benchmark set onsite to determine real-time readings.
- As the contractor made adjustments to the beam heights in approximately 6 locations along each beam, we took measurements continuously. This enabled the contractor to have immediate readings on the heights of the beam as it was moved.
- Created an as-built survey showing the horizontal information and vertical elevations within a set tolerance for the beam heights.